Welcome to TickPick’s Darrell K. Royal – Texas Memorial Stadium Stadium Seating Chart. Here we will cover everything you need to know before purchasing Cheap Texas Football Tickets, including seat views, student sections, premium seating, parking, and more.
- 1 Darrell K. Royal – Texas Memorial Stadium Seating Chart
- 2 Darrell K. Royal – Texas Memorial Stadium History and Overview
- 3 Darrell K. Royal – Texas Memorial Stadium Seat Breakdown
- 4 Where is the Longhorn Sideline?
- 5 Texas Longhorns Student Section
- 6 Darrell K. Royal – Texas Memorial Stadium Club Seats
- 7 Darrell K. Royal – Texas Memorial Stadium Suite Level Seats
- 8 Visiting Team Fan Sections
- 9 Shaded & Covered Seating at Darrell K. Royal – Texas Memorial Stadium
- 10 Parking and Tailgating at Darrell K. Royal – Texas Memorial Stadium
- 11 Best Seats at Darrell K. Royal – Texas Memorial Stadium
Darrell K. Royal – Texas Memorial Stadium Seating Chart
Darrell K. Royal – Texas Memorial Stadium History and Overview
Darrell K. Royal – Texas Memorial Stadium, home to the Longhorns, is located in the Texas state capital of Austin. Since opening back in November of 1924, it has been the home of the University of Texas at Austin’s football team. The stadium has an official capacity of 100,119, which makes it the largest in the Big 12 Conference and ninth-largest in the entire world. It was named after the school’s legendary coach, Darrell K. Royal, who led the team to three national championships and eleven Southwest Conference titles during his tenure.
Darrell K. Royal – Texas Memorial Stadium Seat Breakdown
All seat numbers in Texas Memorial Stadium follow a similar pattern where the lowest-numbered seat would be located on the right side of each section next to the lower-numbered section, so as you face the field from your seat, the lower-numbered seats will be the ones to your right. Seat 1 in section 105 would be next to the highest-numbered seat at the end of section 104.
The vast majority of seats at the stadium are bleacher seating, meaning no chair backs. If you’re not thrilled with sitting on bare bleacher seats, be sure to bring a seat cushion. The only sections that do have chair backs are in the club and suite level sections with more on that below.
Where is the Longhorn Sideline?
The Texas sideline will be situated in front of sections 4 and 5, while the visitor’s sideline will be located in front of sections 28 and 29.
Texas Longhorns Student Section
Darrell K. Royal – Texas Memorial Stadium Club Seats
Club seating at Darrell K. Royal – Texas Memorial Stadium is located all throughout the stadium and gives fans a few different options that we’ve noted below.
The Touchdown Club is located behind the north end zone at the top of the lower level seating tier. It features a full cash bar, chairback seating, a complimentary buffet, large, HD flat screen TVs, private restrooms, and a climate-controlled environment.
The Texas Club is located on the east sideline between the 20 yard lines. It features chairback seating, a hospitality area within a climate-controlled environment, a full cash bar and complimentary food.
The Terrace Club is located towards the top of the lower level tier behind the north endzone in rows 54-64 of those sections. Amenities for this club include complimentary food, private restrooms, chairback seating, and a full cash bar.
Darrell K. Royal – Texas Memorial Stadium Suite Level Seats
The Centennial Suite is located underneath the front of the upper tier west sideline. Suite seats provide fans with access to a climate-controlled lounge with a full cash bar, high-end food and beverage options, HD flat screen TVs, and cushioned chairback seating.
Visiting Team Fan Sections
If you’re a fan of the visiting team traveling to Austin to catch a game at DKR – Texas Memorial Stadium, you’ll want to be sure to look for seats in the visitor seating areas located in sections 119-123 in rows 9 and higher. If you’re a Longhorns fan, make sure you avoid these areas!
Shaded & Covered Seating at Darrell K. Royal – Texas Memorial Stadium
If you’ve ever attended a game in Austin during the early fall months, you’re well aware of how unbearably hot it can be, particularly when you’re stuck sitting directly in the harsh sun for three straight hours. There are some covered and/or shaded areas within the stadium though they’re hard to find. Some of these areas that are covered are Rows 71 and above in Section 9, rows 66 and above in Section 8, rows 8 and above in Touchdown Club 19, and rows 1 and above in section CR9.
Parking and Tailgating at Darrell K. Royal – Texas Memorial Stadium
This is a detailed map of the designated parking areas near Darrell K. Royal – Texas Memorial Stadium.
There are a number of parking and tailgating options around Darrell K. Royal – Texas Memorial Stadium on football game days. Please go to the UT Football Tailgate Policy page for a list of options and rules.
An affordable alternative to parking on campus or near the stadium is the Longhorns Express, which is a shuttle service offered only on football Saturdays. Tickets are $10 per person and is free for those aged 12 or younger. Buses run every 30 minutes, beginning three hours before games, stopping pickups after kickoff and they’ll begin returning passengers to the furthest lots at the end of the third quarter, with the last shuttle departing the stadium one hour after the game ends.
Tips/Rules for On Campus Tailgating:
- Arrive early so you have your pick of parking spot, but know that tailgate equipment may be set up no earlier than 7am on game day and removed no later than 6pm the day after the game
- Grilling is permitted, but all fires must be contained within grills
- Tents and canopies are allowed, but in order to anchor them you will want to use heavy objects like sandbags, as stakes are NOT allowed
- Cell service can get spotty, so it’s advised to mark your tailgate with a large (unique) flag so friends and family can find you
- Leave any bags behind, including purses, coolers, camera cases, and binocular cases. These are not allowed in Texas Memorial Stadium
- Don’t be in a rush to leave after the game, you’re better off finishing your leftovers at your tailgate and waiting for traffic to die down
Best Seats at Darrell K. Royal – Texas Memorial Stadium
As cliche as it is, there really isn’t a bad seat at Darrell K. Royal – Texas Memorial Stadium. You can feel the energy of the crowd from all corners of the stadium. But, like any football stadium, the best viewing will come in the sections between the 30 yard lines.
The best seats are located in the sections closest to midfield such as sections 4-5 on the Texas side, or in sections 28-29 on the visitor’s side. Considering that these sections have so many rows, you ideally want to sit between rows 10-30, so you can watch the plays develop.
Remember, TickPick does not charge service fees, so if you haven’t secured tickets yet check out our Cheap Texas Longhorns Tickets!